MONT Moondance 1 Tent Fiesta RedRegular price $679.95 Sale price $542.00
Who said 1 person tents had to be tiny and cramped? The new Moondance 1 Tent in Fiesta Red kicks that idea out of the campsite with 20% more floor space than the average 1 person tent.
The new Moondance 1 Tent Fiesta Red is a lightweight (only 1.5kg), fully seam-sealed, totally waterproof, 1 person tent that doesn't force you to camp cramped or exposed to the elements. Ideal for any bike-packer, bushwalker or adventure traveller looking for the best, most liveable, 1 person tent on the market.
More Spacious Than Ever
The Mont Moondance 1 has 20% more internal floor area than the average 1 person tent. A 30cm wide 220cm long triangular expansion opposite the doorway provides waterproof internal space for your clothes, pack & accessories. Totalling 2.3m2 of internal floor space makes the Moondance 1 an incredibly spacious 1 person tent. Steep walls at either end and a wide ridge pole across the roof provide a spacious interior ideal for waiting out poor weather in comfort.
Still Just As Compact
As compact as ever the Moondance 1 Inner, Fly, Pegs & Repair Kit compress to only 13 x 28cm in the tent compression sack while the DAC pole set folds to only 42cm long.
Ultralight With Durability where it Counts
By using ultra lightweight 15 denier fabrics on the ceiling of the inner we've saved weight without sacrificing weather protection on critical areas like the floor and fly. Waterproof to 10,000mm, the floor is 40 denier Nylon with a durable TPU laminate. Waterproof to 2000mm, the fly is a new 30 denier triple-ripstop polyester with a PU Coating. This new fly fabric is chosen for it's superior UV resistance and lower stretch when wet than the previously used Nylon.
Internally Accessed Roof Vent
Control ventilation without leaving the tent by quickly and easily opening or closing the ceiling vent in the fly. The ceiling vent in the fly can be zipped closed or held open with a lightweight prop secured by a hook-and-loop patch.
DAC Featherlite NSL Poles 9mm The Moondance 1 Tent uses an extremely strong and very light 2-piece pole system made by DAC in South Korea. With this latest release we've used non-directional symmetrical pole hubs that can face either direction, no more attaching poles upside down by mistake. As with all Mont tents, these poles are fitted with locking pole ends to make setup very easy even for solo-campers. DAC poles are selected for their exceptionally low weight, precision engineering, high strength and for DAC's market-leading environmental standards.
Dual 3 point attachment guy cords
Quick, easy and only requiring one peg! They hold the tent steady attaching to 3 reinforced points and when not in use a handy hook, loop and toggle holds the guy cords neatly out of the way and prevents tangling. See here for 3 Point Adjustment Guy Cord Best Practices
T-Bone Stake Tent Pegs
Mont T-Bone Stake Tent Pegs are extremely strong and very lightweight at only 8 grams each. With a loop of cord on each end they're easy to remove and the 3 blade profile provides a firm hold. The Moondance 1 Tent comes with 8 Pegs.
- 1 person, 3 season, freestanding tent
- Internal vestibule space for clothing/gear/pack
- 100% waterproof tub floor with factory-tape-sealed-seams
- 100% waterproof fly with factory-tape-sealed-seams
- Single entrance with vestibule
- Straight zip on fly for easier entry/exit
- Non directional pole hubs can face either direction for an easier pitch
- New pole set design allows poles to attach at either end of inner
- Fly-to-Pole hook-and-loop attachment tabs now laminated and leakproof
- Over-zip storm flap on fly now offset for increased water protection
- Roof vent can be accessed internally
- Moondance 1 Footprint also available for greater water and abrasion protection
- Multipitch versatility: pitch an ultra-ultralight shelter using the Fly and Footprint only the Fly (Footprint sold separately)
Materials & Components
- Floor fabric: 40 denier Nylon with 10,000mm waterhead TPU laminate
- Inner fabric: 15 denier mini-ripstop Nylon & 15 denier No-See-Um Mesh
- Fly fabric: 30 denier triple-ripstop Polyester with 2000mm waterhead PU coating inside & Silicon DWR outside: New fabric with improved UV resistance & less stretch
- Poles: 9mm DAC FeatherLite NSL Poles
- Pegs: 8x T-Bone Stake aluminium pegs 8g each
- 2x 3-point-attachment reflective guy cords
- Inner 90cm wide both ends
- Inner 120cm wide at centre
- Inner 220cm long
- Inner 95cm high
- Internal floor area: 2.3m2, 20% more internal floor space than the average 1 person tent
- Vestibule 67cm wide
- Vestibule area: 0.73m2
- Compressed Tent Sack: 28cm x 13cm
- Collapsed Pole Length: 42cm
- 2x 3-point-attachment guy cords
- 2 piece DAC poleset with pole bag
- 8x T-Bone Stake Pegs with peg bag
- Repair kit: fabric patches, emergency pole repair sleeve
- Tent compression stuff sack
- Packed weight: 1.5kg
- (inner, fly, poles, pegs, repair sleeve, peg & pole storage sacks & tent stuff sack)
- Minimum weight: 1.38kg
- (inner, fly, poles, 2 pegs)